Saturday 8 March 2014

Train of thought

People are fascinating to watch but they are even more fascinating to draw.  Here are a couple of people I drew recently when I was on the train to Brisbane.  Like most of us they were completely lost in thought whilst gazing into their mobile devices.  Good for me as that means they generally stay pretty still.

I find the hand gestures of people holding their mobile phones really interesting. (yes, I know we artist's find the strangest things interesting).  Everybody seems to have their own particular way of cradling this new technology. Which means that in the history of humankind these hand gestures have never before been depicted in art. They are unique to the time we live in - fascinating.


To view another one of my sketches related to the same subject visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sprattiart

No comments:

Post a Comment